Here is a truly easy chalkboard project.
- cheap bamboo cutting board
- sponge paint applicator
- chalkboard paint
- drill (optional) my cutting board had a broken handle so I drilled holes in it to attach the ribbon.
1. If you are going to drill holes in your cutting board do that first.
2. Using sponge applicator apply primer to all sides of the board. This will be a two stage process. Paint front first, let dry & then paint back. Rinse out your sponge brush between coats.
3. Using sponge brush apply chalkboard paint using same process. I did three coats of chalkboard paint, letting the paint dry between coats.
4. Thread ribbon, hang, and write something on your new chalkboard!