1. Oh.My.Gosh. SERIOUSLY SUN – WHERE ARE YOU?? My #1 obsession right now is that great, big, golden ball in the sky. *sigh*
1. sun & ring & hand, 2. Warm feeling, 3. I want to be where the Sun warms the sky, 4. Little darling, the smiles returning to the faces; Little darling, it seems like years since it’s been here; Here comes the sun, here comes the sun; and I say it’s all right (14/52), 5. Fairytales 2- Warm, 6. two seconds in the sun, 7. Today shined liked Spring. #ssevolve #shuttersisters #thecameramen, 8. Sunshine!, 9. a warm glo
2. This video on the Art of Asking, is in two words – brave and beautiful! Asking. For me it’s a tough, tough thing to do. It involves leaping over my shame, and fear of being seen as inadequate and needy. But I think what Amanda Palmer shares so beautifully is the flip side of asking – connection and trust and seeing and being seen.
4. Jun Kaneko’s everything!
6. Brene Brown & Oprah – Super Soul Sunday.
7. I continue to be confused about the use of quotes in artwork and merchandise on Etsy, etc. For example the use of song lyrics or sayings on artwork. My interpretation is that unless you have permission from the author or estate you should not use them for anything you are selling. Judging by the number of items for sale I’m doubting many have done the leg work to gain the proper permission. Occasionally I consider adding quotes to my work, but don’t because of the possible legalities. Anyone have any info about this, or a legitimate reference source?
8. Books, books and more books…what else are you gonna do when the wind chill is in the teens, and there is nothing but claustrophobic grayness. And all of your motivation for being productive has leaked out of you, phhhhhfffffffzzzeeeeeeefffftttt, like air out of a balloon, and just walking the dog makes your eyes water, and your nose run, leaking snot out of both nostrils, because of the cold, brittle wind. My mother would say, “Now honey, if you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all.” But you are so POed at winter you can’t keep the whining, grating, complaining tone out of your voice. Not unless you want to explode in a giant fire ball of angry anyway. Sorry Mom.
A Fine Balance/Rohinton Mistry, Little Bee/Chris Cleave, Wild/Cheryl Strayed, The Great Dance/C. Baxter Kruger, Mr. Penumbra’s 24-Hour Bookstore/Robin Sloan, Help Thanks Wow/Anne Lamott. Some I’ve finished, some I’m in the middle of.
p.s. I have edited this post 13 times. Egad Reginald, the poor girl’s gone mad. If that sun ever shines she will be baying at it like a hound dog.